In order to monitor fisheries-related activities and identify trends over time, Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) collects and compiles statistics related to aquaculture, commercial fisheries, recreational fishing and trade (imports/exports). Statistics play a key role in the Department’s decision-making processes, helping to ensure sustainable management of Canada’s aquatic resources.
- Fast Facts 2019 (PDF, 207 KB
- Fast Facts 2018 (PDF, 311 KB
- Fast Facts 2017 (PDF, 345 KB)
- Fast Facts 2016 (PDF, 607 KB)
- Fast Facts 2015 (PDF, 335 KB)
- Fast Facts 2014 (PDF, 318 KB)
- Fast Facts 2013 (PDF, 211 KB)
- Fast Facts 2012 (PDF, 334 KB)
- Fast Facts 2011 (PDF, 439 KB)
- Fast Facts 2010 (PDF, 348 KB
- Fast Facts 2009 (PDF, 237 KB)
- Fast Facts 2008 (PDF, 439 KB)
Survey of Recreational Fishing in Canada 2015
For support with national statistics, please contact the Statistical Services Unit by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DFO has six regional headquarter offices. They publish statistics on DFO’s operations in each region. An example of a statistic is the number of fishing licences that were issued or how many commercial fishing vessels were registered.
- Date modified: