This section contains statistics on commercial fishing licences issued by Fisheries and Oceans Canada. It also has information collected through the registration of commercial fishing vessels.
Information is available for:
- the Atlantic Provinces(from 1983 to the most recent year); and
- the Pacific Region (from 1985 to the most recent year).
For both geographic areas, data includes:
- Fishers information (number of commercial fishers registered)
- Species information (number of commercial fishing licences issued, by species)
- Vessel information (number of commercial fishing vessels registered, by type and size)
Licensing information is collected by Fisheries and Oceans Canada’s (DFO) regional offices. It is prepared and maintained by licensing staff of the Fisheries Management sector in each region.
Please contact Statistical Services unit by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on commercial fishing licensing and registration data.
- Date modified: