- Renew or apply for your commercial fishing licence
- Get commercial fishery openings and closures
- Find recreational fishing rules and licences by province or territory
- Report a problem—poaching, pollution, wildlife in distress
- Get latest updates on shellfish harvesting closures in your area
- Learn about the new Aquaculture Activity Regulations
- Become a fishery officer
Services and information
Programs that support Indigenous fisheries, and funding for commercial fishing and conservation.
Fishing licences, exporting, quotas, statistics, openings and closures.
Licences, regulations, industry statistics and data.
Facts, statistics and regulations on Canada’s seal harvest, and the 6 species of seals affected.
Causes, effects, and reporting responsibilities
Harvesting areas, closures, safety practices, contamination and illness, reporting and the sanitation program.
Fisheries Act convictions, high seas monitoring, officer recruitment and international citations.
Agreements, overfishing, global partners and trade tracking.
Find out what we are doing to support a stable and sustainable fishing industry.
Funds that help our seafood sector meet the growing demands of a worldwide market.
Programs and initiatives, enforcement activities, management plans, policies and frameworks.
Fishing safety is a priority requiring everyone involved to work together.
What we are doing
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: