Services and information
What an aquatic invasive species is, the problems they cause, how they can be managed, how Canada is responding.
Phone and email contact information by region.
Photos and information to help you determine if you’ve discovered an aquatic invasive species.
How to get an authorization to fish, use deleterious substances, or modify habitat to control aquatic invasive species.
How we’re preventing the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species and what you can do to help.
Early detection and monitoring, including field reports, boat inspections, environmental DNA and collaboration.
Our response steps and provincial response initiatives when handling aquatic invasive species.
Management options and activities to control and prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
About the regulations, including objectives, prohibitions, species affected and enforcement.
What we are doing
- Aquatic Invasive Species: Identification Booklet for Eastern Canada [PDF]
- A Canadian Action Plan to Address the Threat of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Socio-Economic Impact of the Presence of Asian Carp in the Great Lakes Basin
- STOP Be Aware (Brochure)
- Monitoring invasive species using collectors
- Protecting the Great Lakes from Asian carps
- Our Scientists – From Coast to Coast to Coast – Kimberly Howland
- Our Scientists – From Coast to Coast to Coast – Davon Callander
- Date modified: