Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Fund
The Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Fund supports projects and partnerships that will help prevent the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species.
This fund provides $8.75 million over 5 years to create such partnerships.
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2023 for projects set to occur from April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2027.
The application portal is now open.
Single and multi-year projects will be considered for funding. Multi-year projects may be funded for up to 3 years maximum.
Priority will be given to projects to focus on:
- improving relationships with provinces and territories, Indigenous Peoples and key stakeholders
- involving multiple partners
- providing Canadians with tools to take action on aquatic invasive species
- monitoring and prevention of aquatic invasive species
Out of scope
The fund cannot be used for projects that:
- do not address aquatic invasive species
- propose to deposit deleterious (harmful or toxic) substances, for example pesticides
- address large-scale response, eradication (total elimination) or control projects
- cost more than $250,000 a year
The following entities are not eligible for this fund:
- non-Canadian organizations
- provincial and territorial governments
- federal departments, agencies and Crown corporations
Project proposals cannot exceed $250,000 per year nor go beyond 3 years of funding.
Contact us by email
- Date modified: