Services and information
Science advisory, status reports, data, publications and infographics.
Environmental monitoring, fish health, escapes, farmed species research, pests and pathogens.
Habitat and ecosystem monitoring, contaminant and oil spill research, biodiversity and freshwater science.
Fish population science, invasive species and genomics.
Surveys and research supporting Canada’s marine navigation products.
Impacts on species and ecosystems, tracking methods, research laboratories and networks.
Ocean research, modelling, climate change science, predictions and scenarios.
National and international funding opportunities, Science at-Sea, and academic partnerships and collaborations.
Research facilities, centres of expertise, careers, awards, and our scientist directory.
Scientific research and data on water, oceans, aquatic ecosystems, hydrography, ice and more.
What we are doing
- British Columbia Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data (Pacific), 1914-present
- Managing transfers and fish health at British Columbia salmon farms
- Industry sea lice counts at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- DFO sea lice audits of BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- State of the Arctic Ocean
- State of the Physical, Biological and Selected Fishery Resources of Pacific Canadian Marine Ecosystems in 2018
- North Atlantic Right Whale Summary Report
- Killer Whale (Northeast Pacific, southern resident population) Summary Report
United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030)
Canada supports the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (Ocean Decade).
Oceans Protection Plan
Canada has the world's longest coastline, and our water is one of our most important resources.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: