Services and information
Research to advance understanding of interactions between aquaculture and the aquatic environment.
Government and industry collaborate for research on fish health and ecosystem interactions.
The results of peer-reviewed science and advisory processes related to aquaculture.
Biannual review of an ongoing collection of the aquaculture R&D projects from across Canada.
Scientists study the potential benefits of growing finfish, shellfish and marine plants together.
Research on aquaculture species using new technologies and innovative techniques.
Programs and research supporting the health of aquatic animals such as shellfish and marine mammals.
A wide range of barrier technologies used in aquaculture to restrict and control interactions.
How environmental risk assessments are conducted on aquaculture projects.
Advisory body of independent experts providing guidance on issues related to aquaculture.
What we are doing
- Statement from the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard in regards to the ‘Namgis and Morton Court Decision
- Advancement on the State of Salmon Aquaculture Technology
- Peer Review concludes Piscine Orthoreovirus transfer from Atlantic salmon farms poses minimal risk to wild Fraser River sockeye
- National Aquaculture Public Reporting data
- Fish health monitoring activities at BC aquaculture sites
- Industry sea lice counts at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- Incidental catch at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- Date modified: