Activity application for SGaan Kinghlas-Bowie Seamount MPA
The Regulations governing activities allowed within the SK-B MPA mandate that the activity plan include certain information. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the information in the following checklist is included within the application form:
- The person’s name, address, telephone number and email address. If the activity plan is submitted by an institution or organization, the name of the individual who will be responsible for the proposed activity and their title, address, telephone number and email address;
- A detailed description of the proposed activity that sets out
- its purpose,
- the period or periods during which it is to be carried out,
- its location on a map;
- the types of data that are to be collected, if any, and the sampling protocols or other techniques to be used to collect the data,
- the types of equipment, if any, that are to be used during the proposed activity, including those for gathering data and, if any of the equipment is to be anchored or moored in the Area, the methods by which the anchoring or mooring is to be conducted,
- the type and identity of every ship that is to be used to carry out the proposed activity, and
- every substance, if any, that is to be deposited, discharged or dumped within the Area during the proposed activity and its purpose, the methods or techniques that are to be used to carry out the activity and the data to be collected;
- A description of the adverse environmental effects that are likely to result from carrying out the proposed activity and of any measures that are to be taken to monitor, avoid, minimize or mitigate those effects;
- A list of every licence, permit, authorization or consent obtained or applied for in respect of the proposed activity.
Use this checklist to make sure that all required information is included. Additional information may be requested to ensure sound management of the Area. Although your request will be assessed based only on the required elements, the review can be expedited and facilitated if you provide more information.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: