Services and information
Regional Oceans Plan, corals and sponges of the Maritimes, related marine protected areas and scientific studies.
State of the Oceans Report, Integrated Management Plan, conservation priorities, two marine protected areas.
The Gulf of St. Lawrence Integrated Management Plan and marine protected areas within the Gulf.
Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area Plan, highlights from the State of the Oceans Report.
Integrated Ocean Management Plan for the Beaufort Sea, proposed future sites and publications.
Learn more about the Government of Canada’s collaborative efforts to protect and manage the largest polynya in the Canadian Arctic.
What we are doing
- Pacific north coast integrated management area plan
- The role of the Canadian government in the oceans sector (2008)
- The role of the Provincial and Territorial governments in the oceans sector (2009)
- Statement of Canadian Practice with respect to the Mitigation of Seismic Sound in the Marine Environment
- Oasis of the Deep: Cold Water Corals of Atlantic Canada (Full length)
- Oasis of the Deep: Cold Water Corals of Atlantic Canada (Short clip)
Conserving our oceans
To date, Canada has conserved nearly 15% of its oceans.
United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030)
Canada supports the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (Ocean Decade).
- Date modified: