Outreach activities – Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020
Five outreach activities were created for educational purposes. Activities are linked to the Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020 public report by chapter topics. Each activity comes with a worksheet and links to educational materials.
- Ocean climate activity: Create a zine discussing the science of ocean climate change.
- Habitats activity: Design a travel poster for one of Canada’s extreme deep-sea habitats.
- Species activity: Become whale ‘pen pals’ and write about their unique lives and adaptations.
- Food webs activity: Play a game and pretend to be capelin.
- How we learn activity: Develop a monitoring and research plan for a marine species.
- Date modified: