National State of the Oceans
Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020 is a national review and update of Canada’s three oceans based on previous technical and public reports for the Pacific, the Atlantic, and the Arctic Oceans. New knowledge was also incorporated based on updated information. Scientific research was conducted principally by Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Environment and Climate Change Canada (seabirds); some information was also based on community and Indigenous knowledge, and work by universities and non-governmental organizations.
- Public Report – Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020 – Plain language summary report of common and unique observations and trends in Canada’s three oceans.
- Infographics – Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020 – Download and share the twelve infographics from the public report.
- Outreach Activities – Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020 – Five outreach activities linked to chapter topics in the public report for educational purposes
- Video – Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020 – Watch the National public report trailer
- Canada’s State of the Oceans Report, 2012 – Summary of the analysis of marine data concerning trends and changes in Canada’s oceans based on regional reports on areas of Canada's oceans designated as Large Ocean Management Areas (LOMAs).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: