Atlantic Fisheries Fund
The Atlantic Fisheries Fund is a contribution program funded jointly by the federal, provincial and territorial governments. It will invest over $400 million over 7 years to support Canada’s fish and seafood sector.
The fund aims to help Canada’s seafood sector transition to meet growing market demands for products that are:
- high quality
- value added
- sustainably sourced
The federal government will provide 70% of the funding, and 30% will come from participating provinces and territories.
The national component of the fund is called the Canadian Fish and Seafood Opportunities Fund, and has a separate application process.
The Atlantic component focuses on 3 areas, which are:
- this will encourage the development of new products and technologies in the harvesting, aquaculture and processing sectors
- this will encourage the use of new technologies or processes to improve sustainability
- science partnerships
- this will form industry-based collaborations with academia and other research institutions to improve our knowledge and understanding
Funding is available for projects that meet the eligibility and assessment criteria in:
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
To help us identify and promote projects of mutual interest, we will work with provincial and territorial governments to engage:
- Indigenous groups
- non-governmental organizations
- industry and industry associations
- scientific and academic communities
- Date modified: