Fisheries and Oceans Canada is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. In response, we have issued some measures and guidance related to fisheries, aquaculture, and projects near water. Please check if any of these measures apply to you.
For information on COVID-19 updates, please visit Canada.ca/coronavirus.
Services and information
Licencing, environmental performance, regulations, compliance and enforcement activities in BC.
Licences and permits related to aquaculture operations in provinces and territories, sites and maps.
Responsibility of federal, provincial, territorial governments and industry, national and international collaboration.
Management measures for protecting fish health and aquatic ecosystems, environmental reports.
Profiles of main fish and shellfish farmed in Canada (such as salmon, trout, oysters and mussels).
Laws and policies governing aquaculture activities, compliance, and regulatory reform and research.
R&D, targeted and collaborative research, peer-reviewed processes, technologies, species research.
Statistics, facts and reports about farmed species, and the importance of the economic contribution.
What we are doing
- Current valid British Columbia aquaculture licence holders
- DFO’s fish health monitoring activities at BC aquaculture sites
- Industry sea lice counts at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- Managing transfers and fish health at British Columbia salmon farms
- Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2019
- State of Salmon Aquaculture Technologies - 2019
- Regulating and Monitoring British Columbia’s Marine Finfish Aquaculture Facilities 2018
- Aquaculture Development Strategy 2016-2019 – Canadian Council of Fisheries and Aquaculture Ministers (CCFAM)
- Aquaculture research: Alternative Control Methods for Managing Sea Lice
- Aquaculture research: Deep water mussel farming in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Aquaculture research: Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) - Deposit Feeders
- Aquaculture research: Tracking released farmed salmon
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: