Services and information
Licencing, environmental performance, regulations, compliance and enforcement activities in BC.
Licences and permits related to aquaculture operations in provinces and territories, sites and maps.
Responsibility of federal, provincial, territorial governments and industry, national and international collaboration.
Management measures for protecting fish health and aquatic ecosystems and environmental reports.
Profiles of the main fish and shellfish farmed in Canada (such as salmon, trout, oysters and mussels).
Laws and policies governing aquaculture activities, compliance, regulatory reform and research.
Targeted and collaborative research and development, peer-reviewed processes, technologies and species research.
Statistics, facts and reports about farmed species, and the importance of the economic contribution.
What we are doing
- Current valid British Columbia aquaculture licence holders
- DFO’s fish health monitoring activities at BC aquaculture sites
- Industry sea lice counts at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- Managing transfers and fish health at British Columbia salmon farms
- Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2019
- State of Salmon Aquaculture Technologies - 2019
- Regulating and Monitoring British Columbia’s Marine Finfish Aquaculture Facilities 2020
- Aquaculture research: Alternative Control Methods for Managing Sea Lice
- Aquaculture research: Deep water mussel farming in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Aquaculture research: Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) - Deposit Feeders
- Aquaculture research: Tracking released farmed salmon
- Date modified: