External Advisory Committee on Aquaculture Science
Fisheries and Oceans Canada continues to look for ways to strengthen its evidence base for decision-making including on aquaculture science. Scientific evidence informs the management decisions that ensure we have an environmentally sustainable industry.
The External Advisory Committee on Aquaculture Science was created to help ensure the department has access to external perspectives when designing its research programs. It also aligns with recommendations from the 2018 Report of the Independent Expert Panel on Aquaculture Science.
The committee’s advice will strengthen the Department’s science program, which is designed to meet the emerging needs of decision-makers.
The committee is made up of five members:
- Alice Aiken – Dalhousie University
- Jared Dick – Uu-a-thluk Fisheries, Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
- Karin Kroon Boxaspen – Institute of Marine Research, Norway
- Sandra Shumway – University of Connecticut
- Eric Taylor – University of British Columbia
- Date modified: