Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program (FACTAP)
The application window for FACTAP is closed. The program is no longer accepting applications at this time.
FACTAP is a national contribution program. It’s investing $30 million over 6 years (2017 to 2023) to assist Canada’s fisheries and aquaculture industries in improving their environmental performance.
The program offers funding to assist 2 types of eligible participants:
- commercial fisheries or aquaculture producers wishing to purchase and install existing, off-the-shelf clean technologies, processes and sustainable practices into their day-to-day operations
- existing aquaculture producers wishing to pilot and test new late-stage innovative technologies, systems or processes (Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 7 to 9 only)
Technology Readiness Levels:
TRL 7 – Prototype requiring real-world field testing
TRL 8 – Technology proven to work in a real-world operating environment
TRL 9 – Technology/system proven in final form – commercialization ready
The program may fund up to 75% of eligible project costs (maximum of $1.0 million per year).
The remaining 25% or more of the project’s funding can be made up of a combination of non-DFO sources but must include a minimum of 10% cash commitment by the applicant.
All project proposals must also include a letter of support from the lead fisheries or aquaculture regulator for the province/territory in which the project will take place.
- Clean technology
- News release
- Clean Growth Hub
- Atlantic Fisheries Fund
- Quebec Fisheries Fund
- British Columbia Salmon Restoration and Innovation Fund
- Ghost Gear Fund
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario
- Prairies Economic Development Canada
- Pacific Economic Development Canada
- Date modified: