Licencing, environmental performance, regulations, compliance and enforcement activities in BC.
Management measures for protecting fish health and aquatic ecosystems, environmental reports.
Statistics, facts and reports about farmed species, and the importance of the economic contribution.
R&D, targeted and collaborative research, peer-reviewed processes, technologies, species research.
Licences and permits related to aquaculture operations in provinces and territories, sites and maps.
Laws and policies governing aquaculture activities, compliance, and regulatory reform and research.
Responsibility of federal, provincial, territorial governments and industry, national and international collaboration.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Aquaculture Activities Regulations
- Fisheries Act
- Fishery (General) Regulations
- Management of Contaminated Fisheries Regulations
- Canada’s Sustainable Aquaculture Program
- Farming the Seas – A Timeline
- Aquaculture Science Feature Articles
- Video: Aquaculture Management — Ensuring Sustainable Fisheries In British Columbia
Improving Aquaculture Regulations
Find information about the Aquaculture Regulatory Reform in Canada and its goal to support sustainable growth in the sector while safeguarding the environment.
Species farmed in Canada
Search profiles of farmed fish and shellfish in Canada.
Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2017
Call for submissions for the Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2017
- Date modified: