Services and information
Data, information and reports on the environmental performance of the aquaculture industry in BC.
Actions taken to reduce the potential impact of organic matter deposits on fish and fish habitat.
Information about the type of chemicals allowed for aquaculture operations.
Measures to reduce possible impact of operations or aquaculture installations on aquatic habitat.
Requirements for planned movement of live aquatic organisms while ensuring minimal impacts on ecosystems.
Government actions to minimize the risk of disease in aquaculture species.
Avoiding breaches of containment and minimizing risks to wild species if escapes happen.
Research on sea lice, its effect on marine finfish, and controlling measures on fish farms.
Measures taken for dealing with incidental catch from aquaculturists while protecting wild species.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Aquaculture Activities Regulations
- Fisheries Act
- Fishery (General) Regulations
- Management of Contaminated Fisheries Regulations
- Aquaculture Development Strategy 2016-2019 – Canadian Council of Fisheries and Aquaculture Ministers (CCFAM)
- Program for Aquaculture Regulatory Research (PARR) Project Fact Sheets
- Science Peer Review – Aquaculture Science
- Video: Aquaculture Management – Ensuring Sustainable Fisheries In British Columbia
Improving Aquaculture Regulations
Find information about the Aquaculture Regulatory Reform in Canada and its goal to support sustainable growth in the sector while safeguarding the environment.
Species farmed in Canada
Search profiles of farmed fish and shellfish in Canada.
Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2017
Call for submissions for the Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2017
- Date modified: