Services and information
Funding for clean technologies and processes that reduce environmental impacts of fishery and aquaculture activities.
Licences for marine finfish, shellfish and freshwater operations in British Columbia.
Permits, leases and/or licences for marine finfish, shellfish and freshwater operations in PEI.
Permits, leases and/or licences for farmed species operations in other provinces, territories.
Requirements for planned movement of live aquatic organisms while ensuring minimal impacts on ecosystems.
Aquaculture sites and their locations throughout Canada.
Projects, jobs, businesses and initiatives funded by the program between April 2013 to March 2018.
Funding for development of Northern Indigenous-owned communal commercial fishing enterprises and aquaculture operations.
Government and industry team up for collaborative research on fish health and environmental performance.
What we are doing
- Government of Canada announces enhancements to sea lice enforcement in British Columbia
- Government of Canada takes further action to enhance aquaculture sustainability in British Columbia
- Statement from the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard in regards to the ‘Namgis and Morton Court Decision
- National Aquaculture Public Reporting data
- Fish health monitoring activities at BC aquaculture sites
- Industry sea lice counts at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- Incidental catch at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
Improving Aquaculture Regulations
Find information about the Aquaculture Regulatory Reform in Canada and its goal to support sustainable growth in the sector while safeguarding the environment.
- Date modified: