Services and information
Research to advance understanding of interactions between aquaculture and the aquatic environment.
Government and industry team up for collaborative research on fish health and environmental performance.
The results of peer-reviewed science and advisory processes related to aquaculture.
Biannual review of an ongoing collection of the aquaculture R&D projects from across Canada.
Scientists study the potential benefits of growing finfish, shellfish and marine plants together.
Research on aquaculture species using new technologies and innovative techniques.
The National Aquatic Animal Health Program. Actions taken to protect the health of aquatic animals.
A wide range of barrier technologies used in aquaculture to restrict and control interactions.
How environmental risk assessments are conducted on aquaculture projects.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Fisheries Act
- Fishery (General) Regulations
- Management of Contaminated Fisheries Regulations
- Pacific Aquaculture Regulations
- Canada’s Sustainable Aquaculture Program
- Program for Aquaculture Regulatory Research (PARR) Project Fact Sheets
- Science Peer Review – Aquaculture Science
- Video: Aquaculture Management – Ensuring Sustainable Fisheries In British Columbia
Improving Aquaculture Regulations
Find information about the Aquaculture Regulatory Reform in Canada and its goal to support sustainable growth in the sector while safeguarding the environment.
Species farmed in Canada
Search profiles of farmed fish and shellfish in Canada.
Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2017
Call for submissions for the Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review 2017
- Date modified: