Oceans Management Contribution Program
The program supports outreach, monitoring and stewardship, and capacity building initiatives with partners to achieve Canada's commitment to marine conservation targets.
It provides funding to eligible recipients through a regional funding model for activities under Marine Spatial Planning, Marine Environmental Quality and Marine Conservation Targets.
The program also has a national, competitive process to select project funding proposals (see below).
To find out if you're eligible for financial support, refer to our terms and conditions.
Common activities for regional projects
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Management and ecological monitoring of coastal, estuarine and marine ecosystems
- Development of protocols, methods and procedures for collection of data, science, local and Indigenous Knowledge
- Research and analysis, including the collection, sampling, processing, assembly, analysis and/or presentation of biological, ecological, socio-economic and cultural data
- Awareness, education, stewardship and training relevant to coastal, estuarine and marine ecosystems
- Participation in engagement, consultation and advisory coordination activities
National call for funding proposals
The 2022-2023 application process for the Oceans Management Contribution Program is now closed. Future calls for proposals will be linked here when open.For more information on current regional oceans management funding opportunities, see contact information.
- Date modified: