Atlantic Salmon Recreational Fishery Newfoundland and Labrador (2021 - 2022)
|Zones 3 – 8||Cape Bauld to Cape Race||June 1||Sept. 7|
|Zones 9 – 12||Cape Race to Cape Ray||June 1||Sept. 7|
|Zone 13||Cape Ray to Cape St. Gregory||June 1||Sept. 7|
|Zone 14A||Cape St. Gregory to Cape Bauld||June 1||Sept. 7|
|Zone 14B||L’Anse au Clair to Cape Charles||June 15||Sept. 15|
|Zones 1 and 2||Labrador North and East||June 15||Sept. 15|
|Fall Angling||Gander River, Exploits River, Humber River||Sept. 8||Oct. 7|
Note: Some individual rivers may have different opening and closing dates. Check the watershed management plans section in the 2021-2022 Angler’s Guide for details. For a complete description of Zones, see the map insert included in the 2021-2022 Angler’s Guide.
The management measures for recreational salmon fishing in 2021 and 2022 are as follows:
- Anglers will be permitted to retain a total of two salmon with a maximum of one salmon on Class 2 rivers.
- A catch and release limit of three fish per day for all scheduled rivers in Newfoundland and Labrador with the exception of Class 0 rivers. Class 0 rivers are permitted a catch and release limit of two fish per day.
- The retention of salmon on non-scheduled waters is not permitted.
- The multi-faceted Environmental Protocol will continue.
- Full details on the regulations, seasons, bag limits, river classification, closed areas and special management areas will be contained in the 2021-2022 Angler’s Guide which will be available in the near future in booklet form and online.
Links to other information
Thank you for your feedback
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: