2018 clam (Maritimes Region) – clam harvesting area 2
The inshore clam fishery in Clam Harvesting Area (CHA) 2 is defined within the Maritime Provinces Fishery Regulations. The following information applies to both commercial and recreational harvesting of Bar clam, bay quahaug, razor clam and soft-shell clam within the tidal waters adjacent to Digby, Annapolis and Kings counties, Nova Scotia.
Dates of season
The inshore clam fishery (recreational and commercial) in CHA 2 will be open from April 15 to December 31 (Closed January 1 to April 14), except for the below areas.
Exceptions for Commercial and Recreational Fishing:
1. In that portion of Annapolis River, Nova Scotia, known locally as Queen Anne Marsh. (See Variation Order for coordinates) – Closed January 1 to June 30 and July 16 to July 31 and August 16 to December 31 (Open July 1 to July 15 and August 1 to August 15).
2. In that portion of the Annapolis River, Nova Scotia, known locally as Pony Road (See Variation Order for coordinates) – Closed January 1 to July 15 and August 1 to August 15 and September 1 to December 31 (Open July 16 to July 31 and August 16 to August 31.
Exception for Recreational Fishing:
3. Recreational fishing of Bar Clam Only - Closed December 1 to March 15 (Open March 16 to November 30). In that portion of Digby County inside a line drawn from grid reference 2746 9967 at Pointe des Marechal to grid reference 2696 0027 thence to grid reference 2800 1300 thence to grid reference 3400 2200 thence to grid reference 3494 2175 at Cape Firmain.
Please contact your regional DFO office for more information:
(902) 407-8153 / DFO.MAR-FM-GP.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Single or multi-year planning
The information provided is effective immediately.
Links to other information
- Notice of seasons for recreational and commercial clam fishing in area 2 (Variation Order MAR-VAR-2018-046)
- Notice of season for recreational bar clam fishing in area 2 (Variation Order MAR-VAR-2018-047)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: