2006 Rendez-vous de l'industrie maricole (symposium)
This project consists of a symposium that will be held in Gaspé on March 21 - 23, 2006. The purpose of this symposium, which will be attended by the majority of the shellfish culture companies, as well as the main shellfish culture stakeholders, is to inform the participants and provide opportunities for discussions about the constraints and problems associated with the various types of culture operations and about solutions and progress being made in techniques and technologies for each of these types of culture operations. Specifically, the project is aimed at increasing the companies' competitiveness and the sustainable development of the shellfish culture industry. The objectives are therefore to:
- Take stock of advances in knowledge.
- Encourage greater exchange of knowledge between companies and between all industry stakeholders, to facilitate the assimilation of knowledge and technological developments.
- Encourage a more organized approach to technological development by companies.
- Encourage stakeholders to pool their experience in terms of problems encountered in order to guide the technological research and development efforts of the various stakeholders and develop adapted solutions.
- Undertake large-scale efforts to publicize new knowledge, especially to fishing enterprises, in order to promote shellfish culture activities.
- Work on improving the cohesion, cooperation and strategic positioning of the shellfish culture industry.
- Create an opportunity for participants to expand their professional network.
- More effectively publicize the mandate and priorities for action of the Regroupement des mariculteurs du Québec.
- Attract investment and proponents for new projects in the sector.
- Provide the next generation of shellfish growers with an opportunity to participate and become informed about the status of the industry and future directions.
2005 - 2006
Atlantic: Gulf of St. Lawrence, St. Lawrence Estuary
- Date modified: