Services and information
Federal and provincial requirements for selecting a fish farm site.
Regulations, monitoring standards and protocols for organic waste management.
Federal policies and regulations to minimize the impact of fish farming on wild fish and their habitat.
Preventing the escape of farmed fish is a priority for industry, stakeholders and governments.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Aquaculture Activities Regulations
- Fisheries Act
- Fishery (General) Regulations
- Management of Contaminated Fisheries Regulations
- Aquaculture Development Strategy 2016-2019 – Canadian Council of Fisheries and Aquaculture Ministers (CCFAM)
- Program for Aquaculture Regulatory Research (PARR) Project Fact Sheets
- Science Peer Review – Aquaculture Science
- Video: Aquaculture Management – Ensuring Sustainable Fisheries In British Columbia
- Aquaculture - Industry Sea Lice Abundance Counts, Pacific Region
- Aquaculture - Incidental Catch, Pacific Region
- Date modified: