Services and information
Sea turtle species in Canadian waters, life history and the need for conservation.
How to report a free-swimming sea turtle or one in trouble.
Leatherback and loggerhead sea turtles are listed as endangered under the Species at Risk Act.
How to safely observe sea turtles on the water.
Access reports and studies on sea turtles.
Help protect sea turtles
You can help protect sea turtles by using less plastic. Sea turtles may mistake plastic waste for food. They may also get tangled up in various kinds of plastic, such as 6-pack rings from soda cans or packing straps. This can injure them or make it hard for them to swim or feed.
Ways to reduce your plastic waste:
- use reusable shopping bags
- recycle plastic whenever possible
- drink from refillable water bottles
- pack your lunch in reusable containers
- refuse single-use plastics, like straws and bags
- put your garbage in a trash container with a lid
- Date modified: