Atlantic Seal Science Task Team
Fisheries and Oceans Canada established the Atlantic Seal Science Task Team to gather input on the Department's science activities and programs related to seals and their role in the ecosystem in Atlantic Canada and Quebec.
The Task Team will serve for a maximum of one year and will provide:
- input on the priorities of the Department's Atlantic seal science program
- input on how to increase the involvement of the fishing industry in seal science projects
- advice on how the Department could better communicate its scientific findings to the fishing industry and other stakeholders
The mandate of the Task Team does not overlap with the existing Atlantic Seal Advisory Committee which is the consultative body between the Department and sealing stakeholders.
The Task Team will be co-chaired by Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Glenn Blackwood, Fisheries and Marine Institute at Memorial University. Members include:
- Bill Taylor, Atlantic Salmon Federation
- Laura Ramsey, PEI Fishermen's Association
- Ginny Boudreau, Guysborough County Inshore Fishermen's Association
- Jamie Snook, Torngat Joint Fisheries Board
- Kris Vascotto, Atlantic Groundfish Council
- Robert Hardy, Seafood Consultant
The Task Team may invite input from external advisors as required to fulfill their objectives.
Public and stakeholder comments
The Task Team will consider comments related to their mandate through submissions to DFO.SealTaskTeam-Groupedetravailduphoque.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: