Fisheries Licensing Policy for Maritimes Region
Related guides and help
- Fisheries Policies and Frameworks
- Commercial Fisheries Licensing Policy for Eastern Canada (1996)
- Policy for preserving the independence of the inshore fleet
- Policy on issuing licences to companies
- Gulf region licensing policy
- Newfoundland and Labrador region licensing policy
- New Brunswick anglers’ guide
- Nova Scotia anglers’ guide
Related acts and regulations
This policy applies to the issuance of licences in the parts of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick from the northern tip of Cape Breton to the New Brunswick-Maine border.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) should be consulted for all purposes of interpreting and applying this document.
DFO’s minister retains complete discretion to make exceptions to policy.
Who this guide is for
- commercial licence holders and fish harvesters
- recreational fish harvesters
- the general public
NOTE: This policy does not apply to licences issued under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
In this guide
Details and history
Published: Month DD, YYYY
Service hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Atlantic Standard Time), and closed statutory holidays.
Contact us by email:
Contact us by phone:
Contact us by fax:
- Date modified: