Terms of Reference
Update of indicators of the Saguenay Fjord Winter Recreational Groundfish Fishery
Regional Peer Review - Quebec Region
November 16, 2023
Chairperson: Charley Cyr
The winter recreational fishery in the Saguenay Fjord is unique in Quebec by its magnitude and the variety of species captured. The main species are Redfish, Atlantic cod and Greenland halibut. The fishery is currently managed through a fishing season and daily catch limits. The last update of indicators was in November 2020.
Update the various monitoring indicators for Redfish, Greenland halibut, and Atlantic cod populations of the Saguenay Fjord. This update will include:
- Analysis of winter recreational fishery data including catch per unit effort and biological data;
- Analysis of logbooks data, a new initiative put in place in 2015;
- Science Response
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) (Science and Fisheries Management sectors)
- Parks Canada
- Recreational Fishing industry
- Provincial representatives
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: