Terms of Reference
Assessment of Bay of Fundy Scallop
Maritimes Region Science Advisory Process
16-17 November 2011
Chairperson: Tana Worcester
In support of the fishery for scallop in the Bay of Fundy (Scallop Production Areas [SPAs] 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6), DFO Maritimes Fisheries and Aquaculture Management Branch has asked DFO Science for an assessment of resource status and the consequences of various harvest levels for the coming fishing season. The last assessment of Bay of Fundy Scallop was conducted in November 2009.
For each of SPAs 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6:
- Assess the status of scallop stocks by SPA (SPA 1A, subareas of SPA 1B, SPA 3, 4, 5, and 6), taking into account available commercial and survey information.
- Present the bycatch species from all available data.
- Evaluate possible habitat impacts of the fishery.
- Evaluate the consequences of different harvest levels during the 2011/2012 fishery on stock abundance, exploitation rate, and interim harvest levels for 2012/2013 using the established exploitation reference points.
- CSAS Science Advisory Report
- CSAS Proceedings
- CSAS Research Document
- DFO Science
- DFO Fisheries and Aquaculture Management
- Aboriginal communities / organizations
- Provincial (NS and NB) governments
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: