Terms of Reference
Assessment of the Status of LFA 27-33 Lobster Stocks
Maritimes Regional Science Advisory Process
21-22 July 2011
Chairperson: Ross Claytor
The status of the lobster resources in Lobster Fishing Areas (LFAs) 27-33 was last assessed in 2004. Fisheries and Aquaculture management has requested updated information on the status of the LFA 27-33 lobster stocks. A framework meeting was held from February 1-3, 2011, to establish the scientific basis for the provision of management advice for these stocks (DFO. 2011). This current assessment meeting will provide an update of the status of the LFA 27-33 lobster stocks following the new assessment framework.
- Assess the stock status of the LFA 27-33 lobster stocks as of the end of the 2010 seasons.
- Estimate the relative exploitation rates over the last 10 years and evaluate the consequences of maintaining the current harvest levels.
- Estimate the level of discards (including lobster) and retention of non-lobster species in the LFA 27-33 lobster fisheries and report on what information is available on the survival of discarded species.
- Estimate the current values for female size at 50% maturity.
- CSAS Science Advisory Report
- CSAS Research Document(s)
- CSAS Proceedings
- DFO Science
- DFO Fisheries Management
- Provincial representatives
- Industry, including Lobster Advisory Committee members and FSRS members
- First Nations
DFO. 2011. Proceedings of the Maritimes Region Science Advisory Process to Review the Assessment Framework for Lobster Fishing Areas (LFA) 27-33 Lobster; February 1-3, 2011. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Proceed. Ser. 2011/021: iv + 28p.
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: