Terms of Reference
Assessment of Quebec inshore waters Softshell clam
Quebec Region Science Advisory Process
January 25, 2011
Chairperson: François Grégoire
DFO Quebec Science Branch reviews the status of some Gulf of St. Lawrence invertebrates and groundfish stocks in support of management of the fishery. Fisheries and Aquaculture management has requested a scientific advice on Quebec inshore waters softshell clam stock status for 2011-2013.
Provide scientific advice on the management of softshell clam stocks in Quebec’s inshore waters for the 2011-2013 fishing seasons. This advice shall include:
- An update of the assessment of the status of the Softshell clam stock, based on:
- commercial fishery statistics (landing, effort and CPUE);
- an analysis of the commercial sampling program data (size distribution);
- an analysis of the research survey data realized in 2005 and 2010 in Betsiamites south shellfish area (N-05.1.3.1) (density, fishing recruitment and size distribution).
- The identification of indicators to follow the stock status during years without formal stock assessment.
- The identification and priorization of research projects to be considered for the future.
- Perspectives and/or recommendations for 2011-2013 based on indicators from fishing and research activities.
- Assessment, monitoring and management strategies to be privileged for intertidal mollusks.
CSAS Science Advisory Report on Quebec inshore waters Rock Crab.
CSAS Proceedings summarizing the discussion.
CSAS Research document
DFO Science and Fisheries Management
Aboriginal Communities / Organizations
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: