Aquatic species consultations
Find current consultations related to aquatic species and aquatic species at risk.
Our most recently closed consultations include:
Species at Risk Public Registry
- Action Plan for the Basking Shark (Cetorhinus maximus) in Canadian Pacific waters
- Action Plan to Reduce the Impact of Noise on the Beluga Whale (Delphinapterus leucas) and Other Marine Mammals at Risk in the St. Lawrence Estuary, 2019
- Action Plan and Recovery Strategy for the Striped Bass (Morone saxatilis), St. Lawrence River population, in Canada
- Recovery Strategy and Action Plan for the Striped Bass (Morone saxatilis), St. Lawrence River population, in Canada
You can find archived public consultations relating to all species on the Species at Risk Public Registry.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Management Plan for the Bigmouth Buffalo (Ictiobus cyprinellus) in Canada (Saskatchewan-Nelson River populations)
- White Sturgeon (Upper Fraser River designatable unit): consultation on the potential listing under the Species at Risk Act
- Thompson and Chilcotin Steelhead Trout: consultation on the potential emergency listing under the Species at Risk Act
- Cultural significance and the emergency listing process for Thompson and Chilcotin steelhead
- External review of the critical habitat section of the draft Amended Recovery Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales in Canada
- Date modified: