Certification for Canadian exporters of aquatic products under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)
- Telephone and email inquiries: 2 hours
- CITES Permit: 4-6 weeks, starting on the day the application is received
Meet the targets 90% of the time.
|Telephone and email inquiries will be responded to within 2 hours||90%||100%||100%||100%|
|CITES Permit will be issued within 40 calendar days, starting on the day the application is received||90%||90.05%||90%||98.5%|
Applying for Certification: CITES applications are submitted via fax, mail or email. Permits are issued via mail once the application is approved.
For CITES inquiries, please contact our CITES Permit Officer at the contact information below or visit our website at http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/ccp-pcc/cites-eng.htm.
For more information on the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES) please visit www.cites.org
To access the application form, and other useful links, please visit http://www.ec.gc.ca/cites/
Toll Free in North America: 1-888-641-6464
Mail: Operations Centre, P.O. Box 99, Tignish, PE C0B 2B0
Fax: (902) 775-7100
Service Feedback: Operations Manager, Operations Centre, (902) 775-7109
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: