Report on Plans and Priorities 2015-16
Internal Services are groups of related activities and resources that are administered to support the needs of programs and other corporate obligations of an organization. Internal services include only those activities and resources that apply across an organization, and not those provided to a specific program. The groups of activities are Management and Oversight Services; Communications Services; Legal Services; Human Resources Management Services; Financial Management Services; Information Management Services; Information Technology Services; Real Property Services; Materiel Services; and Acquisition Services.
Budgetary Financial Resources (dollars)
Human Resources (full-time equivalents)
Planning Highlights - Organizational Priorities
- Implement Blueprint 2020 initiatives across the five Government of Canada themes: innovative practices and networking; processes and empowerment; technology; people management; and, fundamentals of public service. This includes engaging the Young Professionals' Network, creating an Innovation Lab, and piloting projects to realize efficiencies in internal processes.
- Based on the results of the 2014 Public Service Employee Survey, develop and implement action plans to address areas requiring improvement in the Department.
- Continue to improve, monitor and report on the implementation of Treasury Board Secretariat's Directive on Performance Management to ensure people management is strengthened and supports a culture of high performance.
- Continue to implement the Government of Canada's IM/IT and Services Consolidation and Transformation Strategy including:
- Transferring pay services to Public Works and Government Services Canada;
- Implementing the Email Transformation Initiative and migrating to consolidated Government of Canada websites; and
- Implementing the Human Resources Modernization Initiative through the transition to a single Government of Canada Human Resources system (PeopleSoft 9.1).
- Continue to effectively manage the Department's web presence to ensure an integrated approach to delivering services and information to Canadians and stakeholders that are client-focussed, cost-effective and will ensure a successful migration to a single Government of Canada site.
- Continue to implement the multi-year departmental National Real Property Portfolio Strategy resulting in a more sustainable and efficient real property footprint.
- Date modified: