Chapter eight - Policy amendments
36. Amendment Procedures
(1) Where the need to change a policy arises, the Regional Director General proposing the change will submit the proposal to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Fisheries Management, for review and approval.
(1) The Department recognizes the need to provide opportunities for public review and input in the development of licensing policies.
(2) It is the policy of the Department to consult the fishing industry and provincial governments on major or controversial licensing issues and on the development of new policies and legislation with respect to licensing.
(3) The Minister may consider all views expressed in arriving at a decision, consistent with the government's stated objectives.
38. Notification of Licensing Policy Amendments
Every reasonable effort will be taken by the Department to inform members of the fishing industry of all changes to licensing policy, through press announcements, regional newsletters and through the existing consultative process, allowing sufficient lead-time for fishers to adjust to the new policy.
- Date modified: