Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Fisheries and Oceans Canada is the federal lead for safeguarding our waters and managing Canada's fisheries, oceans and freshwater resources. We support economic growth in the marine and fisheries sectors, and innovation in areas such as aquaculture and biotechnology. We help ensure healthy and sustainable aquatic ecosystems through habitat protection and sound science.
- Minister Jordan receives interlocutor’s report on future transformation of the Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporation
2021-01-21 12:00 - News release
- Government of Canada and Province of Prince Edward Island invest more than $3M in the fish and seafood sector
2020-01-20 09:30 - News release
- Federal Minister Lawrence MacAulay and Prince Edward Island Minister Jamie Fox will make an Atlantic Fisheries Fund joint announcement
2020-01-19 12:55 - Media advisory
Services and information
Lighthouses, navigation and marine conditions, search and rescue, and small craft harbours
Licences, permits and funding programs related to fishing, aquaculture and marine mammal harvest.
Ocean sciences and climate change adaptation, environmental science, research centres and shared data.
Research, ocean and aquatic climate change science, projects near water, and protecting marine resources.
Aquatic species in Canadian waters, including those at risk, invasive, fished or farmed.
Sustainable aquaculture, licences, regulations, statistics and reporting.
What we are doing
- Share your views and ideas: the proposed federal Aquaculture Act
- Eastern Shore Islands Area of Interest consultations
- Current valid BC aquaculture licence holders
- New Salmon Escapement Database System (NuSEDS)
- Critical Habitat of Species at Risk
- BC Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data
- Offshore oil, gas and energy research
- Research to support the protection of whales in Canadian waters
- Aquaculture Collaborative Research and Development Program
- Science At-Sea Collaborative Research
- Date modified: