Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Fisheries and Oceans Canada is the federal lead for safeguarding our waters and managing Canada's fisheries, oceans and freshwater resources. We support economic growth in the marine and fisheries sectors, and innovation in areas such as aquaculture and biotechnology. We help ensure healthy and sustainable aquatic ecosystems through habitat protection and sound science.
- Inshore Rescue Boat stations across Ontario open for 2019 recreational boating season
2019-05-17 18:35 - News Release
- Media Advisory: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
2019-05-17 16:05 - Media advisory
- MP Cormier and New Brunswick Minister Gauvin will make an Atlantic Fisheries Fund announcement in Shippagan
2019-05-17 11:35 - Media advisory
Services and information
Lighthouses, navigation and marine conditions, search and rescue, and small craft harbours
Licences, permits and funding programs related to fishing, aquaculture and marine mammal harvest.
Ocean sciences and climate change adaptation, environmental science, research centres and shared data.
Research, ocean and aquatic climate change science, projects near water, and protecting marine resources.
Aquatic species in Canadian waters, including those at risk, invasive, fished or farmed.
Sustainable aquaculture, licences, regulations, statistics and reporting.
What we are doing
- Comment on modifying the Fisheries Act Applications for Authorization Regulations
- Consultation on Nunavut fishery regulations
- Current valid BC aquaculture licence holders
- New Salmon Escapement Database System (NuSEDS)
- Critical Habitat of Species at Risk
- BC Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data
- A Canadian Action Plan to Address the Threat of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Review of the Effectiveness of Recovery Measures for Southern Resident Killer Whales
- Southern Resident Killer Whale Symposium
- Engagement on the science-based whale review
- Date modified: