Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Information for DFO and CCG employees
Last updated: 2020-04-01
Information for industry
Last updated: 2020-04-02
Fisheries and Oceans Canada is the federal lead for safeguarding our waters and managing Canada's fisheries, oceans and freshwater resources. We support economic growth in the marine and fisheries sectors, and innovation in areas such as aquaculture and biotechnology. We help ensure healthy and sustainable aquatic ecosystems through habitat protection and sound science.
- Icebreaking at Midland, Ontario
2020-04-03 10:30 - News release
- Reopening of seasonal Canadian Coast Guard search and rescue stations
2020-04-01 14:15 - News release
- Icebreaking near Parry Sound, Ontario
2020-03-31 11:00 - News release
Services and information
Lighthouses, navigation and marine conditions, search and rescue, and small craft harbours
Licences, permits and funding programs related to fishing, aquaculture and marine mammal harvest.
Ocean sciences and climate change adaptation, environmental science, research centres and shared data.
Research, ocean and aquatic climate change science, projects near water, and protecting marine resources.
Aquatic species in Canadian waters, including those at risk, invasive, fished or farmed.
Sustainable aquaculture, licences, regulations, statistics and reporting.
What we are doing
- Eastern Shore Islands Area of Interest consultations
- Offshore Pacific Area of Interest advisory committee
- Current valid BC aquaculture licence holders
- New Salmon Escapement Database System (NuSEDS)
- Critical Habitat of Species at Risk
- BC Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data
- Offshore oil, gas and energy research
- Research to support the protection of whales in Canadian waters
- Aquaculture Collaborative Research and Development Program
- Science At-Sea Collaborative Research
- Date modified: