Apply to the Canadian Fish and Seafood Opportunities Fund:
- Salaries, wages, and other labour including mandatory employer benefits;
- Professional, technical, and other contracted services;
- Conferences and meetings;
- Rental, lease, or charter of office space, a room, set of rooms, building, and/or facilities;
- Materials and supplies;
- Fees associated with attendance or presentation at conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, or expositions;
- Travel and related costs, consistent with the National Joint Council's Travel Directive;
- Telecommunication services, communications/network services;
- Shipping, printing, publishing, and dissemination costs;
- Costs or fees associated with obtaining eco-certification or similar accreditation; and
- Administrative overhead up to 10 percent of all other eligible costs.
Examples of ineligible activities
- Building construction or renovations
- Capital or infrastructure costs such as equipment, vessels and wharves
- Maintenance/repair expenditures
- Ongoing administration/overhead costs
Contribution levels and stacking limit
The maximum level of total Canadian government assistance (federal, provincial, territorial and municipal) for the same eligible costs of this program will not exceed 90% of the total eligible costs of the activity;
In-kind contributions are goods and services that are contributed to a project and that require no outlay of cash by the Applicant. In-kind contributions will be included in the calculations and contribute to the overall stacking limit.
To be eligible, in-kind contributions:
- Must be essential and incremental to the project's success;
- Are resources that would, if not provided, have to be purchased or contracted by the Applicant; and,
- Reflect fair market value and be substantiated by the Applicant in their application, and be confirmed by the AFF Secretariat during the project assessment process and throughout the project lifecycle.
Length of projectProjects must end, and all costs incurred, by September 30, 2023.
- Canadian Fish and Seafood Opportunities Fund
- Atlantic Fisheries Fund
- British Columbia Salmon Restoration and Innovation Fund
- Quebec Fisheries Fund
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: