Tax information and 2020 T4A slips
The Fish Harvester Benefit and the Fish Harvester Grant are:
- to be reported in your personal income tax
Receiving your T4A slips
If your Benefit and/or Grant payment was issued before December 31, 2020, you will receive:
- a T4A slip; or
- a T4A slip and RL-1 slip if you are a Quebec resident
Service Canada issued the T4A slips by February 28, 2021.
Finding your T4A slips online
- You may access your T4A information online from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) My Account
- Quebec harvesters may access their RL1 information online from their Revenu Québec My Account
Applicants who used their corporation fishing income
While the Fish Harvester Benefit and Grant Program allows harvesters who operate under a corporation to use financial figures from their corporation to apply, it aims at providing financial support to individuals only.
All T4A slips are therefore issued in the name of the individual who applied.
Earnings from the Fish Harvester Benefit and the Fish Harvester Grant are to be reported in your personal income tax – this includes harvesters operating under a corporation that opted to apply using fishing income figures from their corporation.
Indigenous harvester who received a T4A
Indigenous harvesters who are exempt from tax under the Indian Act and that received a T4A showing the benefit and grant as taxable income need to complete the Form T90, Income Exempt From Tax Under the Indian Act.
Issues with your T4A slip
Contact the Service Canada Call Centre at 1-833-674-8283 (TTY: 1-800-465-7735) if:
- you still do not have your T4A slip information
- your T4A slip shows incorrect amounts
- your T4A slip shows incorrect personal information
Contact DFO at DFO.FHBGP-PPSP.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca if you did not apply for the Fish Harvester Benefit and Grant Program, but received a T4A slip to that effect.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: