Important information before applying
- Only ONE application is required when applying for the benefit and/or the grant. If applying for both, you must apply at the same time. You cannot go back later to apply for the grant if you forget something.
- You can only apply once so make sure you have ALL required information on hand prior to applying as no modifications can be made to your application after you submit it.
- If you do not apply before October 19, 2020 (6 p.m. Eastern Time), you will be deemed ineligible.
- The 1st payment of the Benefit and/or the Grant will be issued within 5 business days for direct deposit. Payments by cheques will be issued within 5 business days and are subject to mail delivery timelines.
- Another person can apply for you, with your permission. They must have ALL required information on hand when applying; they are not allowed to change anything after it has been submitted.
- You must enter your gross fishing income (do not include your EI payments or other sources of income).
- The Benefit/Grant are taxable and you will receive a T4 and, if applicable, RL-1 no later than February 28, 2021.
- Date modified: