Terms of Reference
Stock Assessment of Sea Cucumber in NAFO Subdivision 3Ps
Regional Peer Review - Newfoundland and Labrador Region
March 13, 2023
Co-Chairs: Dawn Maddock Parsons and Luiz Mello
The status of NAFO Subdivision 3Ps Sea Cucumber (Cucumaria frondosa) was last updated in 2018 (DFO 2018). The update concluded that there was no scientific basis for assessing the risk of any increase in harvest level and that sustainable exploitation rates are unknown. In September 2022, the southeast bed was surveyed. The current stock assessment is requested by Fisheries Resource Management to provide the Minister with advice to inform decisions regarding any changes to the current Management Plan.
- Assess the status of the Sea Cucumber resource in NAFO Division 3Ps based on available indicators.
- Science Advisory Report
- Research Document
- DFO - Science and Resource Management Branches
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador - Department of Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture
- Indigenous groups
- Fishing Industry
- Non-Government Organizations
- DFO. 2018. Sea Cucumber stock status update in NAFO subdivision 3Ps. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Sci. Resp. 2018/010.
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: