Terms of Reference
Update of indicators to 2021 of Winter Flounder (Pseudopleuronectes americanus) from NAFO Division 4T, southern Gulf of St. Lawrence
Regional Science Response Process – Gulf Region
March 1, 2022
Chairperson: Jenni McDermid
The info will be used to determine if changes (management measures/TAC/other) are needed in order to protect the southern Gulf of St. Lawrence winter flounder stock for the fishing years 2022 and 2023. This stock was scheduled to have a full stock assessment but will instead be subject to an update of its abundance indices.
- Winter Flounder 4T
- Abundance indices from the trawl survey (average weight of commercial size winter flounder per tow)
- Science Response
- DFO Gulf Science
- DFO Gulf Fisheries Management
- Industry participants, this stock is currently fished in the Gaspesie, the Magdalen Islands and on Prince Edward Island
- Surette, T., and Rolland, N. 2019. Assessment of the Winter Flounder (Pseudopleuronectes americanus) stock of the southern Gulf of St. Lawrence (NAFO Div. 4T) to 2016 and advice for the May 2017 to May 2022 fisheries. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Res. Doc. 2019/026. x + 94 p.
- DFO. 2020. Updated indices of abundance to 2019 for winter flounder from NAFO div. 4T, witch flounder from NAFO divs. 4RST and white hake from NAFO div. 4T. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Sci. Resp. 2020/008.
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: