Terms of Reference
Stock Assessment of 2HJ3KLNOP4R Snow Crab
Regional Advisory Meeting - Newfoundland and Labrador Region
February 22-25, 2022
Co-Chairs: Travis Van Leeuwen and Kristin Loughlin
The status of Divisions 2HJ3KLNOP4R Snow Crab was assessed in 2021.The current assessment was requested by Fisheries Management to provide current information on the status of the resource and to provide the science advice that will be used in the 2022 Snow Crab Management Plan.
- To assess the status of Snow Crab in Divisions 2HJ3KLNOP4R;
- To determine the impacts of various harvest levels on stock status; and
- Consider ecosystem status where the assessed stock occurs based on an overview including relevant summaries of oceanographic conditions, biological community structure and trends, and pertinent knowledge of ecological interactions (e.g., predator, prey) and stressors (e.g., anthropogenic impacts).
- Science Advisory Report
- Research Document
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) Science and Fisheries Management
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador - Department of Fisheries, Forestry, and Agriculture
- Government of Nunatsiavut
- Indigenous Groups
- Fishing Industry
- Other invited experts
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: