Terms of Reference
Assessment of Eastern Scotian Shelf Shrimp
Maritimes Regional Science Advisory Process
5 December 2011
Chairperson: Tana Worcester
The status of 4VW shrimp was last assessed in 2010. The current assessment is requested by Fisheries and Aquaculture Management Branch to provide harvest advice for 2012.
- Assess the overall status of Eastern Scotian Shelf shrimp as of the fall of 2011, including relative stock abundance and exploitation rate.
- Evaluate the bycatch of non-shrimp species in the 2011 fishery, including their relative abundance versus the amount of shrimp caught during the 2011 shrimp fishery.
- Evaluate the consequences of different harvest levels during the 2012 fishery on stock abundance and exploitation rate.
- CSAS Science Advisory Report
- CSAS Research Document
- CSAS Proceedings
- DFO Science
- Fisheries Management
- NS provincial representatives
- Fishing industry
- Aboriginal Communities / Organizations
Participation to CSAS peer review meetings is by invitation only.
- Date modified: