- Pelagic (surface to depths of 65 m, occasionally to 500 m)
- Length to 4.3 m (14 feet)
- Brownish on top, creamy white below
- Upper caudal fin nearly as long as rest of shark, notched or helmeted contour of head
- Huge eyes extending onto dorsal surface of head
Everyone that encounters a Basking Shark, Bluntnose Sixgill Shark, Tope Shark, or any other shark species in BC (with the exception of North Pacific Spiny Dogfish) is encouraged to document and report the encounter to DFO.
- Date modified: