Nominate a candidate for the Timothy R. Parsons Medal
Nominate someone for the Timothy R. Parsons Medal, which honours outstanding contributions in the field of ocean sciences.
Who is eligible for this award
This medal is awarded:
- for excellence during the lifetime of the recipient or for a recent outstanding achievement
- during a candidate's lifetime (no posthumous nominations are considered)
- for distinguished accomplishments in multidisciplinary facets of ocean sciences while working for Canadian institutions or for the benefit of Canadian science
What you need for submission
Nominations for this award may be made by any Canadian.
Your nomination package should include:
- the candidate's well-supported curriculum vitae/resume
- a comprehensive record of:
- grants awarded
- teaching and faculty positions held
- number of graduate students being supervised
- a concise, comprehensive statement on the merits and contribution made by the nominee to multidisciplinary ocean science
- this should be supported by references to significant:
- teaching activities
- program leadership
- a summary of the accomplishments of the individual and a statement indicating how these accomplishments were connected with the progress of multidisciplinary ocean science
- letters of support
Nominations and supporting material are due by March 31, 2018.
Send nominations using either of the following methods.
Timothy R. Parsons Medal Committee
Strategic Planning and Outreach
12E235A-200 Kent St
Ottawa ON K1A 0E6
- Date modified: