Tools for harbour authority
The Harbour Authority Toolbox contains information and resources to help Harbour Authorities carry out day-to-day operations in their small craft harbours. The Toolbox provides documents created by the Small Craft Harbours Program, harbour authorities and other government programs, as well as some useful external links. The information contained in the Harbour Authority Toolbox aims to assist Harbour Authorities, but should in no way be interpreted as direction or counsel by any government body.
Finance and Management
- Business Planning Guide
- Contains information on how to build a business plan.
- Fee Collection Tips
- Provides unofficial information on ways to collect fees from harbour users.
- GST/HST information sheet for Harbour Authorities (Bilingual)
- This publication provides information on the Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) for Harbour Authorities.
- Information to provide Harbour Authorities with the guidance and knowledge of various funding assistance opportunities.
- Clean Harbour Initiatives
- The Clean Harbour Initiatives series contains information on Environmental Management Plans (EMPs), guide to harbour washrooms, vessel pumpout facilities, and storm weather management.
Maintenance and Operations
- Harbour Authority Manual
- Environment, finance, governance and operation manuals.
- Small Craft Harbours Abandoned and Wrecked Vessels Removal Program
- Apply for funding to remove or dispose of abandoned or wrecked vessels in a small craft harbour.
- Signage Guidelines & Checklist
- This brochure was produced by Small Craft Harbours, Maritimes & Gulf regions to encourage Harbour Authorities (HA) to develop a signage plan for their harbour(s) and to work at its implementation.
Volunteers and Governance
- Transition Package for Harbour Authorities
- Canada Not-For-Profit Act
- Third Party Liability Insurance for Harbour Authorities
- The Pamphlet provides questions and answers on Third Party Liability Insurance for Harbour Authorities and the Brochure provides basic information on Third Party Liability Insurance for Harbour Authorities.
- Date modified: