Harbour Authority Recognition Program
Small Craft Harbours launched the Harbour Authority Recognition Program to acknowledge the efforts and accomplishments of harbour authorities across Canada. We recognize the important role they play in the day-to-day management of facilities and in ensuring the existence of safe and accessible harbours.
Recognition is in the form of distinction awards or a prix d'excellence (excellence prize).
These awards are managed individually by the Small Craft Harbours program in each of the 5 regions.
The 3 distinction awards include the following:
- Individual Commitment Distinction Award
- Harbour Authority Achievement Distinction Award
- Harbour Authority Environmental Stewardship Distinction Award
The awards are given throughout the year to recognize exceptional effort and achievements. The number of recipients in each award category is determined by the regional director, and may vary from year to year.
Prix d'excellence (excellence prize)
Recipients of the distinction awards are eligible for a prix d'excellence. These awards are managed by the Small Craft Harbours headquarters and consist of the following:
- Individual Commitment Prix d'Excellence
- Harbour Authority Achievement Prix d'Excellence
- Harbour Authority Environmental Stewardship Prix d'Excellence
- Date modified: