Apply for a Project Authorization

If, after a project review, it is determined that your project will cause serious harm to fish that are part of or that support a commercial, recreational or Aboriginal fishery, you must apply for an Authorization (Paragraph 35(2)(b) Fisheries Act Authorization from the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans) to ensure compliance with the Act.

If your project must be conducted without delay in response to an emergency, you may apply for an Emergency Authorization. The emergency situations are:

  • The project is required as a matter of national security
  • The project is being conducted in response to a national emergency where special temporary measures are being taken under the federal Emergencies Act
  • The project is required to address an emergency that poses a risk to public health or safety or to the environment or property.