Apply for a Project Authorization
If, after a project review, it is determined that your project will cause serious harm to fish that are part of or that support a commercial, recreational or Aboriginal fishery, you must apply for an Authorization (Paragraph 35(2)(b) Fisheries Act Authorization from the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans) to ensure compliance with the Act.
- Applicant's Guide to Submitting an Application for Authorization under Paragraph 35(2)(b) of the Fisheries Act
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Form for Authorization (Normal Circumstances)
If your project must be conducted without delay in response to an emergency, you may apply for an Emergency Authorization. The emergency situations are:
- The project is required as a matter of national security
- The project is being conducted in response to a national emergency where special temporary measures are being taken under the federal Emergencies Act
- The project is required to address an emergency that poses a risk to public health or safety or to the environment or property.
- Date modified: