Requirements From Other Jurisdictions
Your project near water must comply with federal legislation, including:
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (CEAA) administered by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) administered by Environment Canada
- Navigable Waters Protection Act (NWPA) administered by Transport Canada
- Section 36 of the Fisheries Act, administered by Environment Canada
- Species at Risk Act administered by Environment Canada and Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Provincial and Territorial Requirements
Your project near water could require separate permits or approvals from your provincial or territorial government. Provinces and territories may also require an environmental assessment of your project. Please contact the appropriate provincial or territorial agency for more information.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
Your project near water should meet any applicable municipal requirements in your area. Please contact your local municipality for more information.
- Date modified: