Qualified Environmental Professional Information

We recommend you contact a qualified environmental professional if you are unsure how to comply with the Fisheries Act when you are conducting a project near water. They may be able to advise you on how to proceed with your project while also protecting fish and fish habitat by providing technical advice on appropriate project design and measures to avoid and or reduce impacts.

Professionals who provide this type of support are often referred to as a: natural resource consultant, environment consultant, aquatic biologist or a fisheries biologist.